Re: Coretemp goes up since 2.6.31.4

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:11:52 +0200, Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Again, coretemp is never reporting a real temperature. It is reporting
a margin to a critical, arbitrary limit, which we don't know for sure.
Even if we knew it for sure, the sensor is only accurate when it isn't
too far from the limit. Your CPUs are running cool, way below the
limit, so outside of the sensor's good accuracy range. Neither 2.6.31
nor 2.6.33 is giving you a real temperature.

Ah OK now I understand. But let me assume this: if fan is cool more often then on 2.6.31, it means that there is something going on on 2.6.33 - something wrong. Am I right?

--
pozdr0
dienet

"Old C programmers never die. They're just cast into void."