Re: lm-sensors with ASUS P6TD Deluxe and Ubuntu 9.04

Again, please keep the list in CC.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Jon & Lisa Williams
<jon-lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If your kernel is recent enough (which version are you currently
>> using?) you can load the driver with "modprobe asus_atk0110"; the
>> module should be inserted automagically though, can you check whether
>> it's already there or not (lsmod)?
>
> The kernel is 2.6.28-18.
> How/where do I obtain the asus_atk0110 driver (lsmod does not show it present).

Ah, the kernel is too old. The driver was first included in 2.6.30.
I think that the easiest way to get a newer kernel is to upgrade to
Ubuntu 9.10; in alternative you can try a packaged mainline kernel:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

but this might break other things (so be sure to keep the old working
kernel installed when trying a package from the PPA).

Luca