Re: Wrong temperatures reported for Core2Duo CPU in Intel DG965WH motherboard

Today I installed Windows XP on this same system, to see what it would
report for the core temperatures.  I installed 3 apps for this: SpeedFan,
Core Temp, and Real Temp.  Here's what they reported while idle and after
10 minutes of high load (all 3 temperature apps reporting simultaneously):

SpeedFan: idle 49C, loaded 70C
Core Temp: idle 54C, loaded 75C
Real Temp: idle 59C, loaded 80C

The Core Temp & Real Temp apps explicitly show what they're using for
TjMax: 85C and 90C respectively.  And from the idle/load temps it looks
like SpeedFan is probably using 80C.  lm-sensors/coretemp are 10 degrees
higher still.

So which is correct?  Is the TjMax value published by Intel, and/or
definitively known to be a certain value?  I searched intel.com and the
datasheet for my CPU (the E6600) but didn't see it.  And this tomshardware
piece seems to say that Intel deliberately obfuscates this information
(read the update at the bottom):

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-dts-specs,6517.html

If SpeedFan is correct, I feel much better about my CPU; but if
lm-sensors/coretemp is right, I'm more worried.

Thanks,

--
Anthony DiSante
http://nodivisions.com/