adt746x hard shut question

Hello list, I am running the module therm_adt746x on a powerbook g4 and the module seems to be doing its thing right. I can set different limits writing to /sys/devices/temperatures/limit_adjust and the fans seem to be responding correctly to both temperature and load. The problem I have is that if I run any compilation for more than a few minutes on performance governor, the system hard shuts itself down. I was wandering if this is done at the Hardware level, or if it's the module who's putting this limit. Also I'd like to know what is this limit and if it's possible to change it. As of now I can only compile things in powersave mode.

Thanks,

R.