Re: API extensions (for IIO, matching hwmon as closely as possible)

Hi

Based on the discussion in lkml, it seems that I'm working on "toy" side of the
sensors. I agree that we need to have standard interface for different kind
of sensors. It has been quite hard to decide what kind of interface is the correct one
for different sensors (accelerometers, magnetometers, ambient light sensors,
proximity sensors etc). When sensors are used for some kind of user interface control
(device orientation, lightning, movement, games, amusement applications),
historical or buffered data is not so important. Data is aging quite rapidly.
In battery powered devices, it is essential to turn off sensor HW whenever possible.
Does the proposed interface offer possibility to turn off the sensors when they
are not used?

Br, Samu

ps.
Jonathan, could you please keep me in CC when discussing about IIO.