Re: ADT 7490 report

On 20/01/10 12:35, Jean Delvare wrote:

OK. While you're here, you can add:

    label in2 "+3.3V"
    label in3 "+5V"
    label in4 "+12V"

as they are pretty obvious, and:

    ignore temp1

for clarity. Not sure which of in0 or in1 is your CPU core voltage...

I determined the following extra info for the DP55WB board:

in0 seems to be the same value as the memory voltage seen in the bios
in1 is consistent with cpu core voltage range and changes with load and cpu frequency as expected
fan1 is the cpu fan connector
fan2 is the front fan connector
fan3 is the rear fan connector

OK. Your CPU is supported since kernel 2.6.32. But don't worry, just as
with the adt7475 driver, it is possible to build an updated driver
outside of the kernel tree. I've prepared it for you, you can download
the driver from:

http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/misc/coretemp/

I see the following in dmesg:
coretemp coretemp.0: Unable to access MSR 0xEE, for Tjmax, left at default
coretemp coretemp.1: Unable to access MSR 0xEE, for Tjmax, left at default
coretemp coretemp.2: Unable to access MSR 0xEE, for Tjmax, left at default
coretemp coretemp.3: Unable to access MSR 0xEE, for Tjmax, left at default

Roderick