Re: ADT7490 support

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 06:36:51 -0500 (EST), Justin Piszcz wrote:
> The one that shows the temperatures and fan speeds is labeled:
> intel-p55kg-system-setup-realtime-hardware-monitoring.jpg

This seems to match the output of "sensors" except for the missing
thermal margin value. It certainly comes from the PECI input, for which
we have no support.

> > The above output suggests that temp1 isn't used on your system, temp2 is
> > internal to the ADT7490 so it would be the motherboard temperature,
> > while temp3 would likely be the CPU temperature. Does the BIOS report
> > more than 2 temperature values?
> Yes but the top one is the thermal margin, so you are correct, the first
> temperature for this board needs to be disabled so lm-sensors does not look
> for it, see: intel-p55kg-system-setup-realtime-hardware-monitoring.jpg

This isn't the driver's job, as it can't tell the difference between a
permanently unused input and an actual sensor breakage. If you want to
hide temp1, just add the following to your sensors3.conf's adt7475
section:

    ignore temp1

As for the thermal margin, we lack support for this in libsensors at
the moment. How this could be implemented is still under discussion.
Until it settles, I can't add support to the adt7475 driver.

--
Jean Delvare