Re: [Module] hwmon: GM/GME965 GM45 and more chips IGP thermal report

Hi Lu,

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 11:40:36 +0000, Lu Zhihe wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>     Attachment is the updated version gm965temp module and patched
> "sensors-detect.gm965temp".
>     For some reasons about safe consideration, gm965temp is not
> considered to merge to hwmon subsystem.
>     So, it is packaged as external module.
>
>     Now, it supported:
>     PM/GM/GME965, PM/GM45(need tester :-). These chips read temp from
> register TR1/RTR1 .
>
>     Following Chip sets:
>     G33/Q33/Q35 G41 G43/Q43 G45/Q45,
>     B43_BASE and B43_SOFT_SKU.
>     They all need testers!                      These chips read temp
> from register TSTTP.RELT .
>
>     Thanks for Tobias Hain helping me test gm965temp.
>
>     Hope someone can help to test it too, thank you very much!

Some comments on the packaging:

* It's confusing to have both "makefile" and "Makefile". You can put
everything in "Makefile" and it will work fine.

* I can't do anything with sensors-detect.gm965temp. Please provide a
patch just adding support for the GM965 and friends, and I'll apply it.
Please use a recent version of the sensors-detect script as a base (for
example the one in lm-sensors 3.1.1.)

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare