lm-sensors for Via C7 Esther

Hi Stephane

Sorry for the late reply.

> ehlo, both ...
>
> My name is St?phane HUC. I'm french. (and my english is poor ;-) ...)
>
> I've seeing on the page lm-sensors ( http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices
> ) that you need testers for VIA C7 platform.
>
> My server run with Debian Testing :
> - kernel 2.6.26-2-686
> - lm-sensors Version: 1:3.1.1-2
> - my platform : Via C7-D !
>
> I've launching sensors-detect ... and it appear 'c7temp' module, but it's
> not in kernel.
> How testing it ?

There are 2 drivers floating around but neither has been pushed
upstream yet. Feel free to test both of them. You can get the patches
here:
http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2008-June/023456.html
http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2009-June/026037.html

> How helping you ?

Load the two drivers and report the results to the list.

> Can i recompil my kernel ?

You don't have to recompile the kernel. Apply the patches to the
source of your running kernel, compile the modules and load them.

...juerg