lm-sensors on IBM T42

Hi,

I have an IBM T42 and tried to install 'lm-sensors'
But the detection routine did not find any 'I2C' devices.

My machine is shutting down automatically when I run it at full clock rate.
The powersave deamon is detecting over temperature (I assume CPU.) So there
is a method of detecting some temperatures.

Since, I installed the lm-sensors prior to knowing about the posting, that
states not to do this:
http://www.lm-sensors.org/browser/lm-sensors/trunk/README.thinkpad?rev=1430
I did not notice any different behaviour with my machine. I have been able to
reboot and login several times. I guess someone fixed this problem.

I do not seem to be able to search your website without logining in, but I
also do not see where to register to login.

Is there a solution to the 'i2c' driver for lm-sensors on the IBM T42?

I would like to get lm-sensors working on this laptop.

Thank you,

--
Bruce Samhaber
Senior Hardware Design Consultant