Fwd: dme1737 sensors force_start

Adding  the list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Juerg Haefliger <juergh at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 6:00 PM
Subject: Re:  dme1737 sensors force_start
To: Kushal Koolwal <kushalkoolwal at hotmail.com>

Hi Kushal,

> Pardon me for my ignore. I am still not clear if this is a definite BIOS issue or a driver issues or partly both. I do have access to our firmware engineer who develops the BIOS. If you think that this is a 100% BIOS issue I can ask BIOS guy to fix this. Also I appreciate if anybody can tell me what needs to be fixed exactly in the BIOS.

It's a BIOS issue. The driver shouldn't have to enable HW monitoring,
the BIOS should. Unless the HW monitoring pieces of the Super-IO chip
in this machine are not used but that doesn't seem to be the case
since you say everything works fine when you use the force_start
parameter. Note that there are machines out there that have Super-IOs
with HW monitoring capabilities which are not connected/unused and
hence not enabled by the BIOS.

Are there any options in the BIOS? Do you see temp/voltage data in the BIOS?

...juerg