How to un-ignore a sensor?

> No, it doesn't. The default sensors.conf file should not include any
> ignore statement to start with. And actually it no longer does, so the
> problem is already solved.

Um... okay.  Is that a universal solution?  Debian ships a larger config
file that does include some "ignore" lines.  It does seem useful to
have an overridable default.

Are there plans for some more flexible include or conditional
mechanism to allow segregating site-local edits?

>> (On another note, would it be worth it to implement a basic hash table for
>> the various symbol lists?)

> I doubt it. With the new default configuration file being much smaller
> than it used to be, I do not think lists are a big problem from a
> performance perspective. A hash table would probably require more
> memory and I'd rather keep the memory footprint low.
>
> That being said, if I am proven wrong, I have no objection to a change.
> If you reimplement data storage in libsensors using hash tables and it
> is much faster, doesn't need too much additional memory, and doesn't
> make the code too complex either, they why not?

Okay, I'll poke at it if I'm motivated, but remember your priorities.
It seems that there are a lot of duplicated strings ("temp3_max"), so
if the overhead can be can be made small enough, interning them would
save memory.

> Patches are easier to review and try when submitted separately.

Sorry.

> The license of libsensors will change from GPL to LGPL on July 1st,
> 2010. Before I apply your patches, please confirm that you have no
> objection to your code being released under the LGPL.

Yes, of course.  These changes are all in the public domain.
Do whatever you like with them (even evil things).