HowTo Asus P5Q, W83667HG vs ATK0110 - fancontrol

Hi Konstantin,

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:47:38 +0200, Konstantin Kletschke wrote:
> It is not possible to change the pwm of the CPU fan. Changing the value
> of pwm2 results in changing pwm1. May be this is only a little tiny
> offset in the amounts of pwms or another tiny little bit missing.
> Is there any change to get a datasheet of this chip or can somebody
> provide one?
>
> > cat pwm1 pwm2 pwm3
> 66
> 55
> 255
>
> > echo "77" >> pwm2

Note that the >> doesn't buy you anything, > is enough. These are
virtual files.

> > cat pwm1 pwm2 pwm3
> 77
> 55
> 255

This is very odd. Which kernel are you running exactly? I have a hard
time understanding how this can happen at all. Does writing to pwm3
change the value of pwm2, too?

--
Jean Delvare