lm-sensors chip support

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 03:58:36PM +0000, Jonathan Cameron wrote:

> > - POWR1014A (power monitor)

> That one does a whole lot more than would conventionally be supported by
> hwmon.  I'd guess you would want a multifunction device driver, with hwmon
> and pmic drivers hanging off it.  I'm not quite sure how to handle this
> one as, whilst designed to control supply voltages etc, at first glance
> it looks to simply be a dac (alongside all the hwmon style bits).  If you
> do want to support these elements I'd suggest a post to lkml to get opinions
> of the voltage and mfd users / maintainers.  In the meantime I've copied
> in Liam and Mark who may want to express an opinion on this.

Given that it looks like almost everything on the chip to do with power
control is handled by a CPLD it's probably not going to have any
regulator stuff that can go in a generic driver - it seems the intention
is more to sequence initial power up than for runtime power management.

Otherwise it looks like the control interface is fairly standard hwmon
stuff with some GPIOs as well.