w83793 related question

Hi,

I have been thinking what it possibly could be. It seems like there might be two
reasons:

1) the board is equipped with some kind of remote management conroller, which is
also doing transactions on I2C

Is there some?

2) the SMM mode is doing its own i2c transactions, interfering with the driver.

The problem is that SMM iss transparent to OS.The only thing could possibly done
is a BIOS change, or one could add some code to acquire global ACPI lock. It
would require to modify the driver and add there those functions.

3) Make a driver more bullet proof. Maybe it would be possible somehow to force
the driver to have a longer timeouts, more retries etc.

I would still need to know how often this problem  actually happens.

Thanks,

Rudolf