lm_sensors support for Dell PowerEdge R200 and Nat Semi PC8374L chip

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:04:18 -0700, Mark E. Hansen wrote:
> On 04/21/09 21:04, Matt Roberds wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Mark E. Hansen wrote:
> >> I've install lm_sensors 2.10 (from an RPM: lm_sensors-2.10.7-4.el5)
> >> and run sensors-detect.
> >
> > Old version is old.  :)  You might at least grab the latest and greatest
> > sensors-detect at
> > http://www.lm-sensors.org/browser/lm-sensors/trunk/prog/detect/sensors-detect?format=txt
> > and see what it says.  sensors-detect is independent of the rest of the
> > sensors package; you can run it even if you don't have lm_sensors
> > installed.  (You do need Perl, but if an old version of sensors-detect
> > works, you already have that.)
>
> Actually, that link provides sensors-detect version 5291, which is the
> same version installed with the 2.10 version of lm_sensors that came
> with CentOS 5.3, so the results were the same.

The link above points to a version of sensors-detect which doesn't
include its version number. So, if you think it's version 5291, you
haven't looked at the right file.

That being said,
http://dl.lm-sensors.org/lm-sensors/files/sensors-detect
is the preferred download location now, as this one does have the
version number included.

--
Jean Delvare