lm-sensors Digest, Vol 48, Issue 14

Hiya Rudolf (and group),

OK, so if the AMD temp is incorrect, is there a software fix? I know
AMD's Overdrive software can read the sensors (MS-Windows XP), but are
they compensating for the inaccuracy somehow? Or just showing the
inaccurate value? Is it low, high, or just plain wrong? ;-) If the temp
sensors are wrong then how does the chip know to slow down at 70 C? ;-)

My motherboard is an ASUS M3A78-T which I believe has temperature
sensors on it. Would those temp sensors be supported by lm-sensors?
(They're not being detected now). On the MS-Windows side, I think either
Speedfan or Coretemp can read the motherboard sensors (besides ASUS
proprietary software.) I'm sure it's not as simple as incorporating
someone else's code into this application, but it seems it's been done
and if we can avoid re-inventing the wheel it might be a benefit.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Doerner