Compaq Evo D51S hidden sensor

Hi Jean,

> Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 09:58:56 +0100

>> As you can see from earlier in the mail, the USB controllers are at 00:1d so they come before the ISA bridge and I guess that's why using one of them worked for me!  Given that they each have their own ID would it be okay to use them then?
>
> Did you try using DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_EARLY() instead of
> DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_HEADER()? I suspect this would let you use the IDE
> controller.

I'm afraid I didn't look around that much so wasn't aware of that one!

> But as said above, I am now also fine with you using one of the USB
> controllers if you prefer; it's up to you. When you have a working
> patch, please send it to me and I'll review it quickly so that it can
> make it into 2.6.30.

I prefer to stick to using the USB since it requires less changes and knowing as little as I do about the code it is probably best that I do as little as possible to it :)

I have attached a patch.  Apologies in advance if I got it wrong somehow!  Also I'm afraid it is based on an older kernel version (2.6.27) since this is what Fedora 10 includes - it was not until you mentioned 2.6.30 that I knew this was old :(  I hope this is acceptable anyway since the patch is pretty simple.

Thanks in advance,
David

Looking to change your car this year? Find car news, reviews and more
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT