[Bulk] Re: Cannot make ver 3.0.3

Jean Delvare wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:36:35 +0100, DB wrote:
>
>> Good afternoon,
>>
>> I've just tried to make lm_sensors ver 3.0.3, with the following result:
>> <snip>
>> prog/sensors/main.ro prog/sensors/chips.ro -Llib -lsensors
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_yylex'
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_lex_error'
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_yylineno'
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_scanner_exit'
>> lib/libsensors.so: undefined reference to `sensors_scanner_init'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [prog/sensors/sensors] Error 1
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to deal with the 5 undefined references????
>>

> Please do "make clean" and then "make" again. The above log lacks the
> beginning of the build, so I can't tell what went wrong.

[root at Fedora-Blue lm_sensors-3.0.3]# make
all

Makefile:171: lib/data.ld: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/general.ld: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/error.ld: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/access.ld: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/init.ld: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/sysfs.ld: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/data.ad: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/general.ad: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/error.ad: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/access.ad: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/init.ad: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: lib/sysfs.ad: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: prog/sensors/main.rd: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: prog/sensors/chips.rd: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: prog/dump/util.rd: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: prog/dump/isadump.rd: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: prog/dump/isaset.rd: No such file or
directory

Makefile:171: prog/dump/superio.rd: No such file or
directory

gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef
prog/dump/superio.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/superio.rd prog/dump/superio.ro:
Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/superio.rd`/Module.mk' @' >
prog/dump/superio.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef
prog/dump/isaset.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/isaset.rd prog/dump/isaset.ro:
Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/isaset.rd`/Module.mk' @' >
prog/dump/isaset.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef
prog/dump/isadump.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/isadump.rd prog/dump/isadump.ro:
Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/isadump.rd`/Module.mk' @' >
prog/dump/isadump.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef
prog/dump/util.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/dump/util.rd prog/dump/util.ro:
Makefile '`dirname prog/dump/util.rd`/Module.mk' @' >
prog/dump/util.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef
prog/sensors/chips.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/sensors/chips.rd
prog/sensors/chips.ro: Makefile '`dirname
prog/sensors/chips.rd`/Module.mk' @' > prog/sensors/chips.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef
prog/sensors/main.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@prog/sensors/main.rd prog/sensors/main.ro:
Makefile '`dirname prog/sensors/main.rd`/Module.mk' @' >
prog/sensors/main.rd
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/sysfs.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/sysfs.ad lib/sysfs.ao: Makefile
'`dirname lib/sysfs.ad`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/sysfs.ad
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/init.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/init.ad lib/init.ao: Makefile
'`dirname lib/init.ad`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/init.ad
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/access.c

\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/access.ad lib/access.ao: Makefile
'`dirname lib/access.ad`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/access.ad
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/error.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/error.ad lib/error.ao: Makefile
'`dirname lib/error.ad`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/error.ad
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/general.c

\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/general.ad lib/general.ao: Makefile
'`dirname lib/general.ad`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/general.ad
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  lib/data.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/data.ad lib/data.ao: Makefile
'`dirname lib/data.ad`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/data.ad
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  lib/sysfs.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/sysfs.ld lib/sysfs.lo: Makefile
'`dirname lib/sysfs.ld`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/sysfs.ld
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  lib/init.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/init.ld lib/init.lo: Makefile
'`dirname lib/init.ld`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/init.ld
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  lib/access.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/access.ld lib/access.lo: Makefile
'`dirname lib/access.ld`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/access.ld
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  lib/error.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/error.ld lib/error.lo: Makefile
'`dirname lib/error.ld`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/error.ld
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  lib/general.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/general.ld lib/general.lo: Makefile
'`dirname lib/general.ld`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/general.ld
gcc -M -MG -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  lib/data.c |
\

        sed -e 's@^\(.*\)\.o:@lib/data.ld lib/data.lo: Makefile
'`dirname lib/data.ld`/Module.mk' @' >
lib/data.ld
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/data.c
-o
lib/data.ao

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
lib/general.c -o
lib/general.ao

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
lib/error.c -o
lib/error.ao

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
lib/access.c -o
lib/access.ao

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c lib/init.c
-o
lib/init.ao

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
lib/sysfs.c -o
lib/sysfs.ao

bison -p sensors_yy -d lib/conf-parse.y -o
lib/conf-parse.c

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -Wno-undef -c
lib/conf-parse.c -o
lib/conf-parse.ao

flex -Psensors_yy -t -Cfe -8 lib/conf-lex.l >
lib/conf-lex.c

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -Wno-shadow
-Wno-undef -Wno-unused -Wno-missing-prototypes -Wno-sign-compare -c
lib/conf-lex.c -o lib/conf-lex.ao
rm -f
lib/libsensors.a

ar rcvs lib/libsensors.a lib/data.ao lib/general.ao lib/error.ao
lib/access.ao lib/init.ao lib/sysfs.ao lib/conf-parse.ao
lib/conf-lex.ao
a -
lib/data.ao

a -
lib/general.ao

a -
lib/error.ao

a -
lib/access.ao

a -
lib/init.ao

a -
lib/sysfs.ao

a -
lib/conf-parse.ao

a -
lib/conf-lex.ao

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  -c lib/data.c -o
lib/data.lo

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  -c lib/general.c -o
lib/general.lo

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  -c lib/error.c -o
lib/error.lo

gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  -c lib/access.c -o lib/access.lo
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  -c lib/init.c -o lib/init.lo
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  -c lib/sysfs.c -o lib/sysfs.lo
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  -Wno-undef -c lib/conf-parse.c -o lib/conf-parse.lo
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -fpic -D_REENTRANT -Wall -O2
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wwrite-strings -Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wundef  -Wno-shadow -Wno-undef -Wno-unused -Wno-missing-prototypes
-Wno-sign-compare -c lib/conf-lex.c -o lib/conf-lex.lo
gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,libsensors.so.4 -o lib/libsensors.so.4.0.2
lib/data.lo lib/general.lo lib/error.lo lib/access.lo lib/init.lo
lib/sysfs.lo lib/conf-parse.lo lib/conf-lex.lo -lc -lm
rm -f lib/libsensors.so.4
ln -sf libsensors.so.4.0.2 lib/libsensors.so.4
rm -f lib/libsensors.so
ln -sf libsensors.so.4.0.2 lib/libsensors.so
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
prog/sensors/main.c -o prog/sensors/main.ro
prog/sensors/main.c: In function ?set_degstr?:
prog/sensors/main.c:128: warning: initialization discards qualifiers
from pointer target type
prog/sensors/main.c:128: warning: initialization discards qualifiers
from pointer target type
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
prog/sensors/chips.c -o prog/sensors/chips.ro
gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o prog/sensors/sensors
prog/sensors/main.ro prog/sensors/chips.ro  -Llib -lsensors
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
prog/dump/isadump.c -o prog/dump/isadump.ro
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
prog/dump/superio.c -o prog/dump/superio.ro
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
prog/dump/util.c -o prog/dump/util.ro
gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o prog/dump/isadump prog/dump/isadump.ro
prog/dump/superio.ro prog/dump/util.ro
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
prog/dump/isaset.c -o prog/dump/isaset.ro
gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o prog/dump/isaset prog/dump/isaset.ro
prog/dump/util.ro
gcc -DETCDIR="\"/etc\"" -I.  -Wall -O2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings
-Wnested-externs -Winline -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wundef  -c
lib/test/test-scanner.c -o lib/test/test-scanner.ro
gcc -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o lib/test/test-scanner
lib/test/test-scanner.ro lib/conf-lex.ao lib/error.ao lib/general.ao -Llib

Thanks for the quick reply!  I assume(!) the above is a correct
output?????  & that I should now have a working 3.0.3 lm_sensors.

Let's see what happens!

Dave