AMD 690G motherboards?

Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org>, wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:49:58 -0800, David Mathog wrote:
> >
> > Here is the full output of "sensors"
> > acpitz-virtual-0
> > Adapter: Virtual device
> > temp1:        +8.0 ?C  (crit = +75.0 ?C)
>
> Apparently the ACPI thermal zone reads the temperature from the
> IT8716F's temp1, but it happens to be incorrect. Note that accessing
> the sensors from both ACPI and native drivers is dangerous, so you
> should load either thermal or it87 but not both.

How does one disable this acpitz-virtual-0 method?  sensors is reporting
it, but I don't see that sensors configured it.  /etc/modules only has:

fuse
lp
it87
k8temp

None of which seem related to acpitz-virtual-0

> > k8temp-pci-00c3
> > Adapter: PCI adapter
> > Core0 Temp:  +10.0 ?C
> > Core0 Temp:   +0.0 ?C
> > Core1 Temp:   -4.0 ?C
> > Core1 Temp:   +1.0 ?C
>
> Please see:
> http://www.lm-sensors.org/ticket/2278
> Executive summary: K8 rev. F+ hardware sensors are unreliable, fix in
> 2.6.29 will make the readings look better but still not perfect.

Ok.

> > it8716-isa-0228

(snip)
> You may also contact the vendor support and ask them
> for additional information.

That would be pretty close to pointless, at least from what I've seen so
far of ECS "support".

> But I suspect this is a hardware problem
> and not much can be done at the software level. If temp1 climbs on CPU
> load then you can add an arbitrary offset to that value and consider it
> a rough approximation of your CPU temperature.

Ok, I'll try that.

Thank you,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu