Chassis intrusion detection

Hi Fred,

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:08:47 +0100, Fred . wrote:
> Some computer cases (chassis) have a switch that gets triggered if the
> case is opened, this sends a signal to the motherboard via a wire
> connected to the switch.
>
> Can lm_sensors read this? Does lm_sensors have support for this?

Some of our hardware monitoring drivers have support for this feature.
However we don't have an established standard for it. libsensors
doesn't have support.

> How do I use it?

Read the documentation of your hardware monitoring driver, and look for
the appropriate sysfs attribute somewhere under /sys/class/hwmon.

> Can I have a script that wipes encryption keys if the case is opened?

We don't have anything like that, so you'll have to write some custom
code if you need to do this.

--
Jean Delvare