sensord with rrd

On 01/14/09 12:03, Jean Delvare wrote:

>> > This is somewhat old...
>>
>> Agreed, but it is the latest rpm I could find already built for centOS 5.2.
>>
>> > What hardware monitoring chip do you have? sensord in lm-sensors 2.10.x
>> > lacks support for many recent chips. Could be that logging works
>> > somewhat in generic mode but rrd supports need chip-specific support.
>>
>> See my post from Jan 5 with subject "Asus KFN4-DRE board".
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.sensors/18601
>>
>> You can see that I have tried specifically setting the chip in the sensord init file,
>> but it didn't help.
>
> I confirm that sensord in lm-sensors 2.10 has no support for the
> w83792d. You need lm-sensors 3.

FYI: I just installed CentOS 5.2 on a machine here and had to go back
to lm-sensors 2.10.6, as the 3.0.3 version would not produce alarms
in the sensors output, even when readings were beyond their configured
limits. After moving back to 2.10.6, the alarms worked as expected.
My motherboard and sensors chip is different than the OP's, so this
may not apply to him.

Note: I did post a question to this list about this issue, but have
yet to receive any responses.