ADT7463

I have a JVC Mininote XP-MP7431 laptop.  It is pretty old but I know
that I can control the fan using speedfan in windows.  I'm having
trouble getting my sensors working in linux.  I am using ubuntu.
When I do "sensors-detect" it does not detect anything.  I've tried
need to recompile the kernel to add support or something.  I'm not sure
whats already in there as I can't find the .config.

I'd appreciate any help.
Let me know if you need the output from any commands, I'm unsure about
what to attach.