PATCH: hwmon-fschmd-watchdog-v4.patch

Hi Hans,

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:19:36 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Hi Hans,
> >
> > On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:01:54 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >> Hi Jean,
> >>
> >> Today I had access to my FSC test machine for the first time in a while. So
> >> here is the latest version of my watchdog support for Siemens hwmon IC's patch.
> >> This fixes the last 2 issues you spotted during review. Can you please queue
> >> this for 2.6.29 ? If Wim comes up with anything during his review I'll fix that
> >> with a follow up patch,
> >
> > Applied, thanks. Now I'm waiting for the patch which deprecates fscher
> > and fscpos :)
> >

> Attached (to be applied on top of the previous 2 fschmd patches).

Looks good, with minor issues (which I fixed myself):

> Now that the new merged fschmd driver has gained support for the watchdog
> integrated into these IC's, there is no more reason to keep the old fscher and
> fscpos drivers around, so mark them as depcrated.

Typo: deprecated.

> -	  This is a new merged driver for FSC sensor chips which is intended
> -	  as a replacement for the fscpos, fscscy and fscher drivers and adds
> -	  support for several other FCS sensor chips.
> +	  This is a merged driver for FSC sensor chips replacing the fscpos,
> +	  fscscy and fscher drivers and adding support for several other FCS
> +	  sensor chips.

You certainly mean FSC not FCS.

Additionally, I think it would be a good idea to have an entry for this
in Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt, so that it doesn't get
overlooked. I suggest to schedule the removal in 6 months from now, so
June 2009. OK?

--
Jean Delvare