New Asus board and multiple sensors chips (W83667HG/W83791D/ADT7475)

2008/11/20 Luca Tettamanti <kronos.it at gmail.com>:

 > I totally missed the original thread, but this gives me a good excuse
 > to jump on this issue again :)
 > Asus boards have two different ACPI interfaces for hwmon:
 > - an old one (based on RVLT/RFAN/RTMP)
 > - a new one (GGRP/GITM)
 > Both may be present but there a few cases (my board, sigh) where the
 > new interface is just an empty stub.

Hi Luca,
I've been talking a little bit more about my new Asus board with Rudolf
and we got to the conclusion that the board is almost certainly using
two custom ICs with hwmon capabilities along with the W83667HG SuperIO
chip (with hwmon logic as well). So I gave a try to the only available
solution, your ATK0110 driver (the one posted here:
http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2008-June/023449.html
[1]) and it seemed to work fairly well although the possible issues with
some other ACPI drivers (as far as I can say it seems that even the Asus
PCProbe Utility for Windows works using the ATK0110 virtual device and
driver).

 > I've rewritten my old ATK driver for the third time so that it works
 > with both interfaces (and this time I _really_ intend to push it
 > upstream);

This is a *good* news, I'll be glad!

 > currently I'm not 100% sure of the output of the new
 > interface (the user that originally contacted me is not responsive...)
 > but the code is almost complete.
 > Thierry are you willing to test this _experimental_ driver?

Well, I'd like to understand how this ACPI interface works (and maybe
write some code), really, but don't know how, where to find
documentation... However, although I'm quite busy right now, here I am
if you need a tester, sure.
You can start having a look at my attached dsdt.dsl, if you need.

Marco

[1] By the way, I patched the lm-sensors package too, the compilation
runs fine but "sensors" is still unable to show the atk readings.