ipmisensors to use or not to use?

Hello!

I'm running Linux kernel 2.6.26 and want to get sensor
data from IPMI subsystem via lm-sensors.

In the documentation I read I should use the ipmisensors
modules (the successor of the bmcsensors module).

The latest patch I found, does not compile clearly with
newer kernels. I tried to fix the patch, but after that
failed, I took a closer look and it seems I have to
change too much. So here my question:

 Is the patch still the way to go or should I use
 any other way to get the data via lm-sensors (or
 direct access to /sys)?

Regards
 Sven Anders

--
 Sven Anders <anders at anduras.de>                 () Ascii Ribbon Campaign
                                                 /\ Support plain text e-mail

Rechtsform: Aktiengesellschaft - Sitz: Passau - Amtsgericht Passau HRB 6032
Mitglieder des Vorstands: Sven Anders, Marcus Junker
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Mark Peters