Intend to implement ADT7467/ADT7468 driver

Bernhard Rieder wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I am currently working on an ADT746[78] driver which will be finished soon.
>
> However, I am not sure how to react to errors. Which values do I return in case
> the chip reports errors (i.e. temp=-64 is an error value for the temperature reading,
> -63 is ok). Are there somewhere error values defined which can used for this? I do
> not think usinf -64 is a good choice, because the chip has two modes for temperature
> and an error would be reported as -128 in the other mode. Additionally, -64 could be
> interpreted as a real value (at least in sibiria when it is a cold winter day).

To report errors we have a separate sysfs attribute called temp#_fault, I think
you want to implement that and have it return 1 when read when the temp is
-64/-128 (normally it should read as 0). For temp#_input you can just return
the temp even if it is an error, apps should ignore the reading from
temp#_input when temp#_fault reads 1.

Regards,

Hans