ATI graphics card temperature -> lm-sensors

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 06:33:34AM +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 19:24 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > I've discussed this with Dave Airlie during the Linux Plumbers Conference, and
> > he agreed that adding support for the multimedia i2c channel to the drm driver
> > is the way forward. I've added him to the CC in case he has anything to add.
> >
> > If you want to look into adding support for hwmon to ati cards, writing
> > multimedia i2c channel drm driver code would be the first step. I believe Dave
> > Airlied is the person to talk to if you want to do that. I will gladly
> > volunteer as a tester for this. (radeon 9800, radeon x1950 pro)
>
> Matthew Garrett has already started to look into doing this, hopefully
> this info helps him out.

I've been looking into this. I'm testing with an X1900, but
sensors-detect is currently not picking anything up on my multimedia
bus. To be fair, neither is X, so I suspect that the interface on the
r500s may not be identical to the one on the older cards. Or,
alternatively, my X1900 simply doesn't have any I2C monitoring hardware.
I should have time to poke this more this week.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org