Does this makes any sense?

This is not a problem with lm-sensors, but an attempt to understand
what can cause the values it outputs.

When I start four mprime processes in "torture test" mode on a Q6600
system it shows a flat 100% CPU usage line and `sensors` report
temperatures around or below 70 degrees Celsius for each core, which
is consistent with Intel's specs for a fully loaded CPU:

oscar at qcore:~/Archivo/prime$ sensors
coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0:      +73.0?C  (crit = +100.0?C)

coretemp-isa-0001
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 1:      +71.0?C  (crit = +100.0?C)

coretemp-isa-0002
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 2:      +62.0?C  (crit = +100.0?C)

coretemp-isa-0003
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 3:      +58.0?C  (crit = +100.0?C)

However, when compiling an application with "make -j 4" the CPU usage
is around 95% (which is expected as there is quite a bit of I/O
involved) but the temperature goes up to 88 degrees on some cores!
This is a typical output of `sensors` on this scenario:

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0:      +85.0?C  (crit = +100.0?C)

coretemp-isa-0001
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 1:      +82.0?C  (crit = +100.0?C)

coretemp-isa-0002
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 2:      +71.0?C  (crit = +100.0?C)

coretemp-isa-0003
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 3:      +65.0?C  (crit = +100.0?C)

What can cause this difference on temperatures, when mprime stresses
the CPU much more than the compiler?

--
Oscar