Legal questions regarding LM-sensors....

Hammargren Lukas (Consultant) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding your software (LM-sensors) for
> hardware monitoring which I hope that you please could give me answers
> to?
>
> The questions below:
>
> * Does LM-Sensors have a assigned ECCN (Export Control Classification
> Number)?
Debian used to send export notices for all software under ECCN 5D002
(using the TSU exception), including lm-sensors. There might be some more
matching ECCN lm-sensors specifically, but in Debian's case it was merely
easier to notify about everything than to check which software may contain
cryptography or use other cryptographic libraries.

http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/2008/03/07#2008-03-07-10years2

> * Does it contain any chrypto's?
No.

> * Is the country of origin: NL (Netherlands)?
You might want to update your views on how software is developed these days.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say me be considered legal advice.