it8712 rev 7; fan speeds reported incorrectly.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:
>> The following hack fixes it - it just punts 16 bit fan support out to
>> rev8. It would appear our it8172 does not have 16 bit tacho support. Or
>> if it does, the driver isn't enabling it properly.
>
> Thanks for reporting. I don't have access to my collection of IT87xx
> datasheets and personal notes on chip revisions, so I can't check
> now. I will check when I am back home. Andrew, what do you think?

Hmm.. My hardware was a rev 8, so I was just guided by the datasheets.
The datasheet indicated that rev 7 supported the same 16-bit tach
capability, but maybe it is different in some way. I have the PDF
files at home, so I'll take a look later today. Since I don't have the
hardware, it might be easiest to just modify the 16-bit support to
check for rev 8 instead of rev 7 and be done with it. I'm not sure if
the location in the patch is the only place that needs to be modified
until I can look at the code again.

-Andrew