it8705: nonsense temperature readings

Hello
I've been interested for some time in power management and ACPI.
Well, I've come to the conclusion that the first step to achieve power management
and (most important) a silent computer is good temperature readings. So I had a look
and I found that the reading was completely meaningless. The CPU temperature showed
20 degrees Celsius 1 min. after power-on, when the room temperature was 25.
I got the datasheet of the it8705 (not a real specification, but is all I have) and
found 3 registers called "thermal diode zero degree adjustment". I also found that
the driver (version 2.6.24.2) does not use them. I've been playing around with theese
registers but I don't know which is the correct value to store there. I suppose it
depends on the diode used. The motherboard is a Biostar P4VTB.
I wonder iwhether the chip could be connected to tne internal diode of the
Pentium 4 or is it an external one on the motherboard. Really, the manufacturers
don't give much information. I wouldn't need it if they did things the right way.

i don't mean to achieve a lab accurate reading, but currently it is useless.
If you could help me in some extent I would really appreciate it.

Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ?gratis!
Reg?strate ya - http://correo.yahoo.es