acpitz-virtual

Hi Felipe,

Please keep the mailing list Cc'd.

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:18:55 -0300, Michel Filipe wrote:
> Jean Delvare wrote:
> > We could probably update the code so that the labels default to the
> > ACPI thermal zone names. Sometimes these names are useful... but
> > sometimes not.

After discussion with the ACPI people, it's not worth the effort, as
ACPI thermal zone names are usually meaningless.

> Hum... How do I do to get the ACPI thermal zone names?

Look in /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone*/device/path. The last item of
the path is the device name. But as said above, these are 4-digit names
for ACPI internal use, usually not meaningful enough for humans.

--
Jean Delvare