Call for 2.10.7

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:20:19 +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Due to a compatibility issue between lm-sensors 2.10.6 and the upcoming
> kernel 2.6.26 when option THERMAL is enabled, we have to release
> lm-sensors 2.10.7 soon.
>
> There aren't that many changes as this is a legacy branch, nothing
> worth mentioning here I think. See CHANGES in SVN trunk for the details.
>
> Proposed schedule:
> * June 29th: SVN freeze
> * June 30th - July 6th: testing
> * July 7th: release
>
> Let me know if there is any problem with this.

Thinking about it some more, it would probably be better if lm-sensors
2.10.7 was released before kernel 2.6.26. And kernel 2.6.26 could be
released soon, as we're at RC7 already. So maybe the following schedule
would be better:

* June 25th: SVN freeze
* June 26th-30th: testing
* July 1st: release

This is admittedly tight but OTOH there's little activity on this
legacy branch so I do not expect much problems (and I doubt a looser
schedule would help find more bugs anyway.)

Phil, would that be OK with you? I can do the release if you are busy
but you're still the one signing the 2.10.x packages.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare