LMSENSORS: 2.6.26-rc, enabling ACPI Termal Zone support costs sensors

On 23-06-08 15:47, Jean Delvare wrote:

>> This cannot be the reason, because it's not wrong. We just need a device
>> backlink. Basically, any single one will do. It's just about keeping
>> lm-sensors 2 happy.
>
> Your patch _is_ wrong. You make the device link point to _one_ of the
> devices that belong to the thermal zone, arbitrarily. If the device is
> removed before the thermal zone itself is, what happens?

As Zhang Rui said, this cannot happen in reality. I'll stop talking to
you. Kernel side, it's not your problem anyway, it's an ACPI Thermal
Zone one. Guess I'll go ask the 2.6.26 release manager if he feels that
breaking existing lm-sensors 2 userspace systems is acceptable. I myself
obviously know how to fix things by now.

Admittedly I need to find another hobby because the regularity with
which people on this list piss me off is definitely disturbing. I also
have this depressing notion that it might just be people pissing me off
with frightening regularity period, but oh well.

Gardening... maybe I'll do gardening now.

Rene.