NXP LM75A conf register unused bits failure

Hi

I have a problem with lm75a (nxp) detection code.
After applied the patch to support 0xffff I can pass the unused
address detection test but I always fail at unused bits.
My problem is that I always read 0xbf from conf register. Masking with
0xe0 will always be true and bypass the address.
Hyst register seems to be right since I read 0x4b (default value from
nxp datasheet).
I am using u-boot and already disable any i2c support to avoid any
write to the bus.
Did anybody have a similar problem?

Thanks,
TT.