Platforms supported by lm-sensors?

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, 20 May 2008 19:38:14 -0400, Daniel Lucio wrote:
> does anybody has a list of the platforms supported by lm-sensors? Or
> a way to generalize where should I be able to run it?

Lm-sensors works on virtually any platform. Most hardware monitoring
chips use standard interfaces (I2C/SMBus, LPC, PCI...) so they can be
found on a variety of systems. In the case of I2C/SMBus, our hardware
monitoring drivers are platform-neutral and what you need is an
underlying I2C/SMBus host controller driver for your platform. Most of
them are under drivers/i2c/busses in the Linux kernel tree.

We advertise hardware support on a per-chip basis, not per-platform
basis. See:
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices

There is a partial list of I2C/SMBus host controller drivers at the
bottom of this page, but it's PC-centric and thus incomplete and
useless for other platforms.

Libsensors itself is hardware-agnostic. All it does is map the sysfs
interface exposed by hardware monitoring chip to an API which is
convenient for C and C++ applications to use.

--
Jean Delvare