sensors.conf for the Supermicro X7DBE

Hi Romain,

On Tue, 06 May 2008 15:06:10 +0200, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> Jean Delvare wrote:
>
> > Given that the w83793 driver doesn't exist for Linux 2.4, I guess you
> > really mean "as of linux 2.6.21"?
>
> Yes, sorry for the typo. I've done those files a while ago and didn't
> check them again before posting, sorry.
>
> > That's a bit surprising though, as
> > this driver didn't change in kernel 2.6.21 as far as I can see.
>
> Bad wording ; my meaning was it had the problem in the kernel I was
> using at the time, 2.6.21, had the problem. But the next quote solve the
> real problem.
>
> > Old
> > versions of "sensors" didn't expect this, it was fixed in lm-sensors
> > 2.10.2.
>
> ... and guess what? Debian-stable includes 2.10.1 ... So I guess that is
> the problem, my config file should be updated to mention the fact in the

Already done...

> wiki (which is still uneditable, not even the sandbox... anyway to get
> access to the motherboard/supermicro stuff so I can update them myself ?)

Blame it on the spammers. I can create a wiki account for you though,
that's fairly simple. Just send the file generated by:

htdigest -c rdolbeau-passwd lm-sensors/i2c rdolbeau

(or whatever login you want instead of rdolbeau) to me _in private_ and
I'll create the account for you. If you intend to become a regular
contributor of libsensors configuration files, that would make a lot of
sense.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare