lmsensors and gkrellm

Hi :-)

I'm hoping somebody here can enlighten me.

I'm running OpenSUSE 10.3 on an Acer Travelmate laptop with an Intel Core Duo
1.6GHz processor.

I finally figured out how to get lmsensors running and configured so that I
could get my hdd temps showing up in gkrellm.

I'm confused about something though ....

Prior to getting this working GKrellM showed under CPU temp:

thermal_zone/TZ00
thermal_zone/TZ01

with corresponding temps (dual core processor)

Since fixing lmsensors however it now shows two extra entries:

coretemp-hwmon0/temp1
coretemp-hwmon1/temp1

Also with corresponding temp readings.

BUT the readings are not the same. The coretemp readings are several degrees
lower than the thermal_zone readings, and the two cores are often showing
different temps, whereas in the thermal_zone readings, the cores are nearly
always showing the same temp.

I'm assuming the coretemps are what is being detected by lmsensors, so what is
reading the thermal_zone temps?

Which readings are likely to be the most accurate ones i.e. the ones I should
take notice of?

EDIT: Just as an example ...

right now the thermal_zone reading is showing temps of 51 and 51. The coretemp
reading is showing 45 and 41. That's a significant difference when it comes
to knowing when to be concerned about a particular temp.

If anyone can explain to me what the difference is between the thermal_zone
readings and the coretemp readings, and which of the two is considered more
accurate/reliable, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

~ Carren