Needed support for SMSC LPC47M292

Hi all
I'm writing you about an LPC47M292 chip.
I have and ibm thinkcenter with kernel 2.6.22-3-686 (debian)
and I'm trying to recognize the sensors.
sensors-detect claim that there is the chip
    `SMSC LPC47M292 Super IO Fan Sensors'
and I've loaded the corresponding module
but even if the module is loaded and according to the messages log it's
the right one
when I try to run sensors, the program claims that no chipset has been
found.
(In the following i'm reporting also i2c stuff even if it seems to me
that they are useless)

raven:~# sensors
No sensors found!
Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.
raven:~# ls -l /dev/i2c*
crw-rw---- 1 root root 89, 0 2008-01-04 10:58 /dev/i2c-0
raven:~# lsmod | head -6
Module                  Size  Used by
smsc47m1                9508  0
i2c_isa                 4192  0
i2c_dev                 7140  0
i2c_i801                8656  0
i2c_core               23552  3 i2c_isa,i2c_dev,i2c_i801
raven:~# dmesg  | tail -1
smsc47m1: Found SMSC LPC47M292
raven:~# dpkg -l lm-sensor
No packages found matching lm-sensor.
raven:~# dpkg -l lm-sensors
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                          Version                       Description
ii  lm-sensors                    1:3.0.0-4
utilities to read temperature/voltage/fan sensors

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to me that it's not working.
I can easily do any test on this computer if it's needed.
Thank you in advance
Antonio