IT8702F request

Hallo Gerold,

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:55:28 +0100, Gerold Gruber wrote:
> the list http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices says,
> there is a data sheet for the IT8702F sensor, and three requests.
>
> Well, you can add me to the list of requesters ;-)

Done.

> I could take part in testing.

Note that I wouldn't be surprised if most IT8702F chips were not wired
for monitoring. These chips are rare and only include fan speed
sensors, no voltage sensors nor thermal sensors as other ITE Super-I/O
chips do. Does the BIOS report any fan speed?

You may provide a dump of the hardware monitoring I/O area of your chip
and I'll tell you whether it appears to be actually monitoring fans.
This will prevent you from waiting for a driver that you don't actually
need. It's relatively easy. Take the address sensors-detect reported
the chip was at. Typically it's 0x290. Then call isadump on this
address with offsets 5 and 6, typically:

isadump 0x295 0x296