Abituguru needs force=y

Graham Murray wrote:
> Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> writes:
>
>> Interesting, thanks for the notification. The version in 2.6.23 check
>> a few DMI strings to make sure its running on an Abit motherboard
>> before randomly bit banging some io-ports. So I guess your motherboard
>> has different DMI strings then most, can you please mail me the output
>> of the dmidecode command? Then I'll make sure this gets fixed in
>> 2.6.24.
>
> I think that the problem is that DMI does not work on my system. At boot
> I get the message "DMI not present or invalid" and running dmidecode
> confirms this. For the i386, there is no user option to disable DMI
> during kernel configuration.
>
> newton ~ # dmidecode
> # dmidecode 2.9
> # No SMBIOS nor DMI entry point found, sorry.

Hmm,

Have you tried updating your BIOS?

Taking this to the lm-sensors list:

Hi all,

As you can read above the new DMI checks in the abituguru driver are causing
problems for this user, because he has one of the first abituguru motherboards
which appearantly  doesn't have dmi. So I guess we should remove the check on
systems where the BIOS doesn't have DMI? Does anyone have a better idea?

Regards,

Hans