[patch 2.6.23-rc6] lm75: new-style i2c binding, cleanup

Hi David,

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:45:19 -0700, David Brownell wrote:
> Updates and cleanups for lm75:
>
>  - Update the LM75 driver to handle new-style I2C driver binding
>    (following the driver model).
>
>  - Use 12 bit resolution (1/16 degree C) on chips that support it,
>    instead of 9 bit (1/2 degree C);  needs new conversion routines.
>
>  - Grow the list of compatible chips; update Kconfig accordingly.
>
>  - On driver disconnect, restore the original device config (which
>    usually means shutdown).
>
>  - Some code cleanups:  a handful of whitespace fixes, and clearly
>    marking the various driver components (sysfs/hwmon attributes,
>    driver core support, legacy stuff, register access, module glue).

This is crying for at least two separate patches, and ideally more like
3 or 4.

Additionally, I can't apply your patch to my tree. Presumably you are
missing recent patches that went into Mark's hwmon-testing tree and
which affect the lm75 driver:

hwmon: Allow writing of negative trigger temperatures
http://lm-sensors.org/kernel?p=kernel/mhoffman/hwmon-2.6.git;a=commit;h=a1efde3fd7b3d94c942b1a675da992c8a2f1f04b

hwmon: Convert from class_device to device
http://lm-sensors.org/kernel?p=kernel/mhoffman/hwmon-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f89523a27def89ddc74d094a0910970f6a1c6f43

If you split your patch and make sure that the result applies on top of
the above patches, I'll be happy to review and test your work.

--
Jean Delvare