dme1737 module

Hi Juerg, Juergen,

On 9/12/2007, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
>> If this is true, next bios revision might solve the problem.
>
>A BIOS upgrade might fix the display of the temp numbers on the BIOS
>config screen it will not affect the output of sensors. The Linux
>driver reads the temp directly from the dme1737, the BIOS is not
>involved at all. If it turns out that the temp diode in your CPU is
>not a 3904 type, the only 2 options are:
>1) Tweak the dme1737 to recognize the diode type (not sure if that's
>possible, I have to look at the datasheet).
>2) Come up with a conversion algorithm and put it into sensors.conf.

This isn't totally correct in the case of the DME1737, as it has
temperature offset registers. It would be possible for the BIOS to set
the CPU temperature offset depending on the CPU model, and that would
affect Linux as well. That would mean a very well written BIOS, that's
rather rare in my experience.

If the BIOS doesn't write the offset, you can do it. But of course you
have to know the correction factor for your CPU, and I'm not sure where
you can find this information.

--
Jean Delvare