AMD Geode LX(CS5536) - SMSC SCH3114 Temperature mon. driver

Hi Kushal,

> Hello,
> I have a AMD Geode LX processor board (CS5536 companion chipset) with SMSC SCH3114 Super I/O Chip. I was looking to enable lm-sensors on it but did'nt know where to start. I looked at the web page: http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices and found two matching things:
> *******************************************************************************************
> AMD      Geode CS5535, CS5536    yes     scx200_acb      -       2.6.17          Companion chips.
> and
> SMSC     SCH3112, SCH3114, SCH3116       yes  (2007-07-24) Updated dme1737 driver available: patch 1/3, patch 2/3, and patch 3/3.
>
> Now I am not sure which device I should look for. I tried sensors-detect but it just ended loading eeprom module and said that it is not really a hardware monitoring ship.

You need both. The scx200_acb is your I2C bus driver and the patched
DME1737 is the HW monitor chip driver. You also need the latest
version of the lm-sensors package which will correctly identify the
sch3114.

Get the latest kernel source, apply the patches mentioned on the
wiki/devices page (for the sch3114) and compile the dme1737 driver
against your running kernel.

...juerg