Backporting coretemp and w83793 to 2.6.18

Hi,

I am new to this list and hopefully this is not too stupid...

I have this new server based on the Asus DSBF-DE/SAS motherboard and a
pair of Xeons 5355. I want to run CentOS 5.0 (RHEL 5 clone) on it.
CentOS 5.0 is based on the 2.6.18 kernel and as such has drivers for
everything *except* for the sensors. The motherboard uses 83793 chip.

So, I wanted to backport the w83793 and coretemp drivers to 2.6.18
kernel. I took the source from 2.6.22.3 for these two and tried to
compile them for 2.6.18.

The w83793 compiles and loads as is, without any changes.

coretemp required some changes related to msr so I just restored the
code that was in there when coretemp was floating around as a patch
before it made it to the kernel. See the attached patch for detail.

Anyway, with those changes both coretemp and w83793 compile and load. I
also copied sensors.conf from 2.10.4 and ran "sensors -s". However,
neither is providing any data. Output looks like this:

$ sensors
coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter

coretemp-isa-0001
Adapter: ISA adapter

coretemp-isa-0002
Adapter: ISA adapter

coretemp-isa-0003
Adapter: ISA adapter

coretemp-isa-0004
Adapter: ISA adapter

coretemp-isa-0005
Adapter: ISA adapter

coretemp-isa-0006
Adapter: ISA adapter

coretemp-isa-0007
Adapter: ISA adapter

w83793-i2c-0-2f
Adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at 1100

$

Am I missing something obvious? I did verify that I can get good sensor
reading on this motherboard using Fedora 7 and 2.6.22 kernel but that's
not what I want to run in production.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bolek