dme1737 very slow read...

Hi:

* Juerg Haefliger <juergh at gmail.com> [2007-07-25 22:39:40 -0700]:

> > > It's simple: We have to read a lot of registers which we can only get
> > > to via I2C which is veeerrrrryyyyy sloooooowwwwww.

Max rate for standard I2C/SMBus is 100KHz.  However, the hardware which is
most common on PCs usually runs at something like 10KHz.

> > Ok, I thought it might be along those lines.  Is there any other
> > performance impact to the system while it's waiting for the I2C bus?
>
> Good question, I don't know. That's more a question for the I2C
> mailing list. Jean?

It depends on the specific I2C bus driver.  All of the most common ones use
polling, so unfortunately you will see CPU % go to 100 during that 1.5 sec.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman at lightlink.com