VT1211: wrong vid, vcore

On Jul 25, 2007, at 2:07 AM, Juerg Haefliger wrote:

Hi Juerg,

> Who knows? There are other things the VIA engineers did that I don't
> understand. For example not implementing fan control on the M10000.

Well, according to specs on via site, my board should have fancontrol:

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?
motherboard_id=451

however:

/usr/sbin/pwmconfig: There are no pwm-capable sensor modules installed

but, I think I do not care, since I don't have any fans connected. I
now it pwmconfig did work while I had everything as a module, now I
compiled the vt1211 stuff into the kernel. Probably, pwmconfig is
using modprobe...

> Uh-huh, very nice case!

yes, but I had to dig many holes into it, since the heat didn't leave
the case.

> I'm using the default:
> compute temp1  (@ - 73.869) / 0.9528,  (@ * 0.9528) + 73.869
>
> Even though it's for an Ezra and I don't really trust the readings. I
> couldn't get an answer from VIA whether this is the correct
> computation for the Nehemiah CPU or not.
>
> A while ago, somebody wrote to the list about not being happy with the
> default and investigating further. Maybe you can search the archives
> and contact that person to figure out what he found out. Or there's
> always the possibility of attaching a thermal probe to CPU case and
> use the thermal resistance values in the Nehemiah datasheet to
> correlate driver and voltmeter readings.

With that line the temperature readings are too low, at least for my
board.

I use:

compute temp1 (@ - 65) / 0.9686, (@ * 0.9686) + 65

which I used for PD 6000 (Samuel) and now for my new PE 10000
(Nehemiah), both have the same bridge.

Regards,

c.