xsensors ported to the future libsensors

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:06:02 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Jean Delvare wrote:
> > I'm curious how gnome sensors-applet and gkrellm managed to use the
> > current libsensors without chip-specific code at all, as it definitely
> > wasn't designed to be used that way.
>
> They both basically have there own version of sensors_get_feature_type, both
> assuming to be running on a 2.6 kernel, and thus have sysfs interface standard
> feature names.

I'm surprised, as the feature names exposed by libsensors are the old
(non-standard) ones, even for 2.6 kernels. The mapping to the new
symbols is internal as far as I can see. "sensors -u" returns the old
feature names. So I guess they assume that old names are somewhat
standard, and it doesn't work for all drivers?

> Converting them thus should be easy. (I wrote the gkrellm libsensors code
> myself, so I will probably also be the one converting it).

Great, thanks.

--
Jean Delvare