Using libsensors in custom application

Hello,

I'm trying to develop an application that can get the temperature of the CPU
/ MB and send it to another machine on the network for remote temperature
monitoring.  I've managed to compile and run a program that successfully
sends test data over the network, reads chip data like sensors (using the
same code), but I cannot get it to do both together.  Basically, I cannot
tell where / how sensors is getting the information it is outputting to the
screen.  I've tracked it down to m->fn(&name); in the do_a_print() function,
but I cannot see how that line prints out the chip information.  My question
is, is there a tutorial of how to use libsensors in an application
somewhere, or can you give me a brief explanation of how to get the CPU  &
MB temp from libsensors?

Thanks,
John Beavers